Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pinterest Challenge--Hamburger Buddy Edition

I don't know how it is for everyone else when choosing a recipe, but generally if I see a picture and read the ingredients then that's how I choose it.  And then sometimes I get surprised right before I go to cook because I haven't read the directions.  This recipe was like that.

Luckily, I was able to adapt.  I'm a pretty good cook so I was able to adjust the cooking to the way that I thought it would work better and there wasn't any real major changes.  But let me tell you, this recipe was a huge flop in my house.  I don't know if it was the thyme, which none of us liked in this dish, or if it was something else about the meal.

I didn't even have time to take a photo before this meal met its end in the trash can.  I don't like wasting food and my husband will save the tiniest bits and pieces of food (which he then never eats) because he hates throwing out food.  But he was actually the one to dispose of this dish!

To be fair, I thought if the thyme was taken out that I would have liked it.  But my husband made the worst face and my dad tried a sample, put some on his plate, but then couldn't touch it because he realized he didn't like it.

I try to be honest with you guys and give you my true opinions even if they're not good ones.  So you can't say you haven't been warned on this one ;)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment