Friday, January 23, 2015

Project Life Week 46

This Project Life week as all about the Shimelle collection.  Using an entire collection has been much easier for me to get caught up.  I know it's been awhile since you guys have seen me here or over on YouTube so I'm here to explain that and also to explain a little bit about my PL for 2015.  I will make a video soon of my PL decisions for 2015 but I also wanted to give a preview here.

First off, I've been distracted with work lately.  As many of you know, I work at a library and I am running out adult winter reading program.  Planning kept me quite busy in the fall and then the event started in January and right now I'm getting ready for my biggest event--a murder mystery.  I'm planning on doing a bit of a recap for everyone after my first (and biggest) event is finished.  So for the next week it is all about my circus-themed murder mystery.  But I wanted to share a Project Life video for you guys.  I was even trying to share a planner update tonight but my computer doesn't want to recognize my microphone, so I'm giving up since I have to work on Saturday this week lol  The fates are telling me to go relax!

Second, Project Life--you guys know I was/am way behind.  I was consistently weeks behind for over half the year in 2014.  Part of this was definitely an unexpected move, unexpected gallbladder surgery, switching jobs and a bit of depression over said move and surgery.  But another part of me is wondering if I'm still loving project life.  I love the format, the cards, my SC kit...but am I enjoying the printing off of photos on a weekly basis?  No.  Am I enjoying putting together a weekly spread?  Not exactly.  And am I frustrated with not having the right photo for the right pocket?  Definitely.  I also struggle with crappy lighting/subject/background/etc in photos.  So, my main complaint with PL right now is that I'm not loving printing my photos and I still have issues filling those 4x6 pockets.

So with that being said, I think I'll be switching up my Project Life to a different size.  I love the 12x12 size and pages, but I think maybe that's part of my burnout.  So for 2015 I think I might try something different.  As of right now I haven't touched a single page from 2015--and maybe that's a sign that I'm just not inspired. But I definitely want to capture these everyday memories...so I think I'll be taking a page out of Stephanie Bryan's book.  And maybe my Project Life will be less of a weekly format.  And maybe that's okay.  It's still going to be documented and still in page protectors.  And I have already ordered 9x12 page protectors from Studio Calico, so I'll be wanting to test those out.  But I'm thinking for January-March-ish I'll be trying more of a mini album format.  So I'll see how it goes.  And like I said, I'll be sharing more details in a future video.

How was that for a mind dump when all you wanted was a PL video?  So I'll let you get to it.  I might try to post that planner video on Sunday.  But we'll see if things are co-operating by then!  But for now, I'm off to browse pinterest, sew streamers, make a big top out of table cloths, rehearse with actors, find a photographer, make cupcakes...and a million other things.  I've never done anything like this before so I'm excited, nervous, scared, and totally unprepared even though I've been working on this for 3 months!  I will try to update my Instagram more often though.  So I'll see you soon, thanks for watching and thanks for listening!







No comments:

Post a Comment