Saturday, June 7, 2014

"The Rosie Project" Discussion Questions

Hey guys!  I can't wait to hear what you have to say about "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion!  Here are my discussion questions!  I announce the next book in the last video, so be sure to watch until the end!







So, just in case you missed it, or didn't feel like watching the whole video--our next book club discussion will be held July 19, 2014 which is a Saturday.  We will be discussing "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.  I am so excited!


And make sure to check out Paige's blog to see her half of the discussion for "The Rosie Project."  Thanks so much for joining us!  I can't wait to hear what you have to say.  And be sure to check my YouTube channel to see what discussions are going on over there!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I didn't know much about the particulars of Aspergers syndrome either, before reading the book, other than it was a form of autism. After reading it, I did look up some info and I think the author did a great job tying the symptoms of Aspergers into Don's character.

    2. I actually thought the questionnaire was kind of funny, and it was definitely in keeping with Don's character and the way he did things. He took a more analytical form in finding love, since he couldn't really grasp the emotional side of love. And like you said, it's very similar to dating websites, even though he was probably a little more extreme. HA!

    3. I think he wanted to change, but I think overall the barrier existed because of the Aspergers. I think the author did show a gradual change, as far as Don moving away from such a regimented schedule, but as far as the emotional and social interaction, I think those would be hard to change because of the Aspergers. And even though he watched the romantic movies, he wasn't affected the same way as someone without the syndrome would be affected. It wasn't emotional for him, but analytical. But I loved that in the end, he realized that even though it wasn't the typical mushy, emotional love he felt, that he still loved Rosie in his own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact that he came up with the questionnaire (while definitely too extreme) was kind of sweet too, since like you said, he couldn't grasp the emotional side of love.

    I think it was great that he and Rosie ended up together. I kind of wonder what it would be like for Rosie though. Not having someone that feels love the same way as you do...?

    ReplyDelete