Monday, April 28, 2014

Mixed Media...

Today I have another video to share with you that is in a mixed media style.  To be honest, I'm not sure about this whole mixed media thing.  I used to hate mixed media; I thought it was a bit old and clunky and I didn't like a lot of the darker colors that I often saw and associated with the mixed media style.  But honestly now I have explored more blogs, videos and photos.  I have seen how you can use brighter colors and how you can make a whole 'canvas' or 'picture' around a quote or an idea and I absolutely love that idea!  I'm all about the words and 'feel' of a project.  Now I can honestly say that I love the concept, the ideas and all the projects that I've seen.

But I'm not much of an artist, and I feel like some of my ideas won't come to life because of my poor drawing skills.  So I'm trying to come to terms with that.  I also feel like there is some expense involved, because I want to try different things than I'm doing now.  I will say that I have love/hate relationship with using some of the 'mixed media' products.  You get messy with paints and gelatos and modeling paste, but then it takes a long time to clean up and let everything dry and I'm definitely not a patient person.  But I'm not going to give up.  Mixed media projects definitely take a little bit longer, but I'm going to keep at it, just maybe not very frequently.

So without further ado, here is my video for today.  I used a mixture of watercolor and chalks and did not end up liking the end result at all!  I love the watercolor half of the project and wish I would have just left it alone!  Oh well, lesson learned--you don't have to use everything at once.  I hope you enjoy the video and thanks so much for watching!



No comments:

Post a Comment